Provisional roll review
If a school meets the below criteria for reviewing a provisional roll, they can request a review by following the outlined process for doing so.
|Level of compliance
Schools can choose to apply for a review of the provisional roll that the Ministry uses to calculate their provisional staffing entitlement.
Apply for a review of your provisional resourcing roll
Your school can apply for a review of the provisional roll we used to calculate your provisional staffing entitlement for the following year.
You need to demonstrate that our estimate of your resourcing roll is at least 5% at variance with your prediction. We need clear evidence that supports this variance before we’ll consider approving a change.
The required supporting documentation needed is:
- A list of confirmed pre-enrolments that includes name, date of birth, start date and MOE funding year level.
- Summary of your current roll sorted by MOE funding year from your Student Management System. If you are unable to provide one, please provide an explanation when submitting your application.
- A completed application form that shows a 5% variance from the current provisional roll.
- A clear explanation for why your published provisional roll is insufficient for the upcoming school year.
We will not accept the following kinds of supporting information from schools:
- A list of potential enrolments or those that attended a school open day.
- Summary of your current student roll sorted by classroom year level.
- Marketing material for housing developments.
- Enrolment information for students enrolling beyond the following school year.
Please review the provisional roll application checklist to ensure you have provided all of the necessary information.
The application period for the provisional roll reviews starts from September each year. Applications for Provisional Roll Reviews must be received prior to the third Friday in November each year.
If you're a primary school, intermediate school or restricted composite school, submit your review form to your Local Ministry offices.
If you're a secondary school, composite school, or specialist school, submit your review form to the Resourcing Mailbox Resourcing@education.govt.nz
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback