Operational funding is the money your board of trustees receives from the Government to run your school and to achieve the objectives specified in your charter.
National Administration Guidelines
Operational funding comes with responsibilities. Your board must:
- set priorities and manage your school’s total funding
- follow the National Administration Guidelines
- meet your obligations as good employers
- comply with legislative and contractual requirements.
School funding calculator
You can use the Ministry’s funding calculator to estimate your school’s upcoming funding.
Operational funding is separate from your entitlement staffing and doesn’t include funding for property and large capital items.
Although operational funding for your school is broken into components, the various funds are not ‘tagged’. This means your school has discretion over what the funding is used for. Your board of trustees is responsible for the financial management of your school.
In this section
- Operational funding components
- How operational funding is paid
- Operations grant entitlement and instalment notices
- Operational funding rates
- How operational funding is calculated — resourcing rolls
- School deciles
- Deciles review
- The Risk Management Scheme
- International student levies
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback