Health, safety and wellbeing
This directory links to information and resources regarding supporting and promoting the health, safety and wellbeing of your staff and students. This includes dealing with emergencies, managing hazards, providing an inclusive education and more.
- Wellbeing in schools
- Student and staff health
- Emergencies and traumatic incidents
- Managing risks and hazards at school
- Health and safety requirements for school leaders
- Providing an inclusive education
- Further information
Further reading on this subject is essential as it regards mandatory action. Boards, principals and proprietors are considered Persons Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU) according to the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and are responsible for ensuring that proper health and safety regulations are followed in schools.
Information for supporting, mentoring and counselling students, keeping them safe physically and online and help for dealing with bullying.
- You can find further information on the Wellbeing in schools page.
Guidance to support the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of your staff and students.
- You can find more information on the Student and staff health page.
Resources to help your school prepare for and deal with a natural disaster, pandemic or traumatic incident, including criminal acts or suicide.
- You can find further information on the Emergencies and traumatic incidents page.
Information for schools and early learning services on how to identify, assess and manage risks and keep students and staff safe both on and off site.
- You can find further information on the Managing risks and hazards at school page.
Schools are required to meet obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- You can find further information on the Health and safety requirements for school leaders page.
This guidance provides resources, advice, and recommended good practice for schools taking overseas trips.
- Find out more about School trips overseas and exchanges.
Information about inclusive education in New Zealand schools, including your school’s obligations and resources which can help your school or early learning service support students with diverse needs.
- Find out more on the Inclusive education page.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback