Funding for small schools
Information about funding for primary schools with less than two full-time teacher equivalent (FTTE) employees.
- In 2019, as part of the settlement of the Primary Principals’ Collective Agreement, it was agreed that primary schools with less than two full-time teacher equivalents would receive additional operational funding.
- This funding is to engage support staff to make up the difference to two (2) full-time equivalent employees (inclusive of the principal) during the school day.
- The base hourly rate is set in the Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement(external link) which will increase each year in line with the top set of grade B set out in Part 3.2.2.
- We add 10% for holiday pay and ACC levy to the base hourly rate – this is the hourly rate we use to calculate your funding.
To calculate the annual funding for small schools, we use the following formula:,
- Hourly rate x 30 hours per week x 40 weeks per year x (2 – staffing entitlement)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback