Tendering for bundles for 10YPP consultants
Find information about the process, evaluation criteria and advice for writing tender proposals.
|Level of compliance||Main audience||Other|
Each year the Ministry will tender small bundles of 3-8 schools whose 10 Year Property Plan (10YPP) is due and offer those bundles by closed tender to 10YPP consultants on the 10YPP Consultants Panel. The Ministry will evaluate the tenders based on a set evaluation criteria and will determine the most appropriate “packages” of work, in a way that is practical, efficient and manageable, to award to consultants based on a number of factors.
Each year the Ministry will create small bundles of schools within a geographical area for use in the tender process. The main benefits of bundling are:
- providing you an attractive package of work to enable you to plan for resource and provide efficiencies
- consistency, timeliness, savings and quality of plans through direct management and contact by the Ministry with you
- that by having plans submitted on time, schools can spend their 5 Year Agreement (5YA) funds sooner.
Each year the Ministry will conduct a closed tender process with existing 10YPP consultants on the panel. You can bid for one or multiple bundles depending on capacity and capability to deliver on the tender proposals, but can only bid for those bundles that fall within the region(s) for which you are appointed to on the 10YPP Panel.
Schools have the option to continue to manage their own 10YPP contract, but will need to formally op-out of the process through a board decision before engaging their own consultant through the existing Request for Quotation (RFQ) process. Schools are still expected to follow the Ministry’s processes and timeframes for engaging you.
Guidance on writing good tender proposals
We will be looking for tenders with a well thought-out approach and understanding of the 10YPP process, including the capability and capacity of planners, a detailed resource plan and ability to meet deadlines and quality standards. Price evaluation will be evaluated based on transparency and value-for-money, rather than the lowest price. Overall, we are looking for proposals that will demonstrate how you are able to produce a quality 10YPP for schools in your bundles.
Proposals that stand out:
- are well-written and presented with sufficient detail throughout, without leaving the evaluation team guessing or having to make assumptions
- provide a methodical and well thought-out approach demonstrating a strong understanding of the outcomes the Ministry want to achieve and the risks/challenges through the process
- provide strong assurance of the capability of planner/s, detailing your recent and relevant experience and knowledge of schools, the region and the 10YPP process
- have a detailed resource plan for the bundle, a named planner for each school, and notes any other commitments and constraints that may impact delivery
- understand the 10YPP process and allocates sufficient hours to create a quality plan.
Each Ministry region will have an evaluation panel responsible for the individual and independent evaluation of each tender, followed by a national moderation process to ensure consistency across the regional evaluations and to finalise the evaluation scores.
Further guidance for each of the above evaluation criteria can be found in the Ministry Engaged Consultants tender documentation.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback