Procurement of goods and services for schools
Learn about everything there is to know about buying goods and services for schools, and school property procurement.
Available information here is intended to remind school leaders and Ministry staff about existing procurement frameworks, rules and guidance that apply when buying goods and services for schools. There are also links to resources that can help them ensure that every dollar they spend delivers maximum value.
School Supplies and Service Procurement
By buying smartly, schools can save money and time, as well as reduce risks. Find links to our advice on buying goods and services for schools.
School supplies and services procurement
- Buying advice for common categories
- Buying basics
- Conflicts of interest (COI)
- Running a competitive buying process
- Writing a specification of requirements
- Evaluating a supplier's offer
- Collaborative contracts explained
- Buying with other schools
- Sharing staff members across schools
- Key contract considerations
- Managing contracts
- Contract registers
School Property Construction Procurement
There are aspects of the property procurement process that are mandatory, so they have to be strictly observed. Find links to information about buying construction works and consultancy services for school property projects.
School property construction procurement
How to procure:
- Conflicts of interest (COI) in Property Procurement
- Planning property procurement
- Specifying requirements
- Approaching the market in property procurement
- Evaluating supplier offers in property procurement
- Insurance for school property projects
- Awarding a contract
- Contracts for school-led property projects and maintenance
- Contracts for Ministry-led property projects
To make the procurement process faster and easier for schools and delivery teams, and the tender process less tedious for suppliers, the Ministry has established panels of pre-approved suppliers for some of its commonly requested works/ services.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback