Applying to be an ICT cabling contractor, or a wireless integrator

All contractors must be approved by the Ministry of Education to work on school projects installing structured cabling, supplying structured cabling product, and integrating wireless services.

Cable installers

ICT cable installers wanting to apply to be on the Ministry of Education’s Approved ICT Contractors List must be certified installers of a Ministry-approved supplier structured cabling product or products. The list of Ministry-approved suppliers can be found in the Approved ICT Contractors List available at the bottom of this page.

Once your company becomes a certified installer of an approved manufacturer’s product and has completed a number of warrantied installations (manufacturer to determine), you can ask the manufacturer to nominate your company to be on the Approved ICT Contractors List. Once nominated, the Ministry will contact you to ensure that you understand what's expected of approved contractors.

Data cabling contractors must also complete the Ministry’s ICT Cable Infrastructure — Standards training course. This course covers the requirements in the Ministry’s ‘Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Cabling Infrastructure: Policy and Standards for Schools'. Standards training courses are run by Torque IP.

Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Cabling Infrastructure: Policy and Standards for Schools [PDF, 488 KB]

School Network Upgrade Project - Torque IP website(external link)

More information on what’s expected of an approved ICT contractor is available on the following webpage.

Responsibilities of a Ministry-approved ICT contractor

Wireless integrators — how to apply

ICT wireless integrators wishing to apply to the Ministry’s Approved ICT Contractors List must complete the relevant application form and email it to:

Application form — Wireless Integrator [DOC, 280 KB]

Approved cabling product suppliers

For structured cabling installations and wireless integration services, installers and integrators must source from Ministry-approved structured cabling product suppliers only.

Refer to the ‘Cabling Product’ information in the Approved ICT Contractors List below.

Approved ICT contractors

Approved ICT Contractors List [XLSX, 61 KB]

Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback