Engagement of a 10YPP consultant

Information for schools about how 10YPP consultants are chosen.

Level of compliance Main audience Other


  • Boards
  • Principals and tumuaki
  • 10YPP consultants

Ministry engaged consultants

The Ministry goes through a procurement process annually to appoint these consultants and will advise who your consultant will be. The consultant will contact you directly and begin the 10 Year Property Plan (10YPP) process.

The Ministry will engage a consultant for you, sign and manage the contract, and fund the consultant and five high-level specialist reports.

Additional detailed specialist reports

If additional or more detailed specialist reports are indicated as necessary by the high-level reports, your consultant will apply to the Ministry for funding.

Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback