Apply for the School High Health Needs Fund
To apply for the School High Health Needs Fund (SHHNF), schools must take responsibility for the completion of the application. They must work with parents or caregivers to ensure they provide all current and relevant information.
|Level of compliance||Main audience||Other|
This process must be followed if applying for the SHHNF.
School staff involved in the application process
Educators must complete the application form and obtain up to date medical information from the child’s specialist on part D of the application form, with help from the parents and caregivers to get all the necessary information.
Before applying, remember read our:
- Eligibility Criteria for the School High Health Needs Fund page, and
- Examples of students meeting the eligibility criteria.
How to apply for the SHHNF
- Download the following application form.
- Complete Parts A and B electronically.
- Enter the educator and parent or caregiver details in Part C.
- Fill in the student details section in Part D.
- Print Part C and Part D.
- Arrange for the student's medical specialist to fill in Part D and return it to you.
- Sign Part C after reading all the information in the application.
- Arrange for the parent or caregiver to read and then sign the completed form.
Once you have completed the form (parts A, B, C and D), email it to:
Receipt of your application will be acknowledged by email within two working days.
Applications can be made at any time.
What happens next
Once the Assurance and Eligibility team receives an application, it goes to a panel of verifiers.
The verifiers read the application carefully and then decide whether the child or student is eligible for SHHNF. This verification process usually takes 15 working days.
The Manager Assurance and Eligibility then notifies the educator and parents and/or caregiver of the decision in writing.
If the verifiers do not have enough information to make a decision, they will request more information from the educator. They may also seek the opinion of an independent medical specialist. Once additional information is received the original application together with the additional information will be processed within 15 working days.
Contact us for help
Call or email your local Ministry office.
Freephone (NZ only): 0800 622 222 and select option 1
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback