Cyber security in schools training
Access webinars, online training and our Digital Download newsletter to help you get the most out of your security products.
These webinars are for the tech lead at your school or your IT service provider.
- The Security Sessions
- Microsoft Tech bytes
- Microsoft webinars
- Google Workspace: how to
- The Digital Download newsletter
In the Security Sessions webinar series we provide advice on configuring your Microsoft or Google software to ensure that the back end of your system set-up is secure.
Throughout these sessions we’ll provide Ministry recommendations and then explain how to set it up in your Google and Microsoft software.
|Identity and authentication|
|Google file management and drive security|
|Mail, calendar and contacts|
|Administration and reporting – Google|
|Google investigation tool|
Tech bytes is a short series of technical videos showing how you can use the Microsoft 365 Security suite.
- Deploy multi-factor authentication with Conditional Access(external link)
- Azure AD SSO to Google(external link)
- Detect risky users and Sign-ins with Azure AD Identity Protection(external link)
- Secure the domain with Defender for Identity(external link)
- Secure endpoint management with Intune(external link)
- Secure and protect endpoints with Defender for Endpoint(external link)
- Discover shadow IT with Defender for Cloud Apps(external link)
- Protect cloud apps with Defender for Office 365(external link)
- Microsoft 365 Defender integrations(external link)
Microsoft’s 'Zero to Cyber Hero' webinar series focuses on the core pillars of cyber security and how Microsoft 365 with A5 can help your school or kura improve your base security and become more cyber resilient.
Learn the fundamentals of A5 Licensing
Learn about the capabilities included in Microsoft's A5 licence for staff and students as part of the Ministry of Education's Schools' Agreement with Microsoft.
Zero Trust & Microsoft
Understand how you can embark on a modern, future-focused cyber security journey, leveraging your Microsoft 365 capabilities and the principles of 'zero trust'.
Building the Connected Ecosystem
Learn about how you can use Microsoft 365 to build a cohesive and integrated cyber security strategy for your school that will improve your ability to detect and respond to cyber threats.
Finding Your Way with Cyber Security Frameworks
Understand industry-endorsed cyber security frameworks and when to recommend controls to improve your cyber resilience.
The following videos will help your school make the most out of your Google workspace suite.
- Gmail safety and security settings(external link)
- Investigation tool to find bullying(external link)
- Security centre dashboard, alert centre, and security health(external link)
- Using the investigation tool to help triage and remedy safety threats(external link)
Disclaimer from Microsoft
Because of the changing nature of cyber security, along with the cadence of updates to cloud services, every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information. However, some changes may occur that will contradict or deprecate information contained within these webinars. The Microsoft Docs(external link) site should always be considered the single source of truth, with this information intending to simplify at times complex documentation for ease of deployment within a school.
Our digital-focused newsletter is sent out monthly and shares tech news and tips with the sector.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback