Cyber security in schools training
We want to help your school configure your technology and get the most out of the security products available to you.
We have a series of webinars and online training and a newsletter to help keep you up to date with the latest technology changes.
The webinars will be created for the tech lead at your school or your IT service provider.
- The security sessions
- Microsoft Tech bytes
- Microsoft webinars
- Google Workspace: how to
- The Digital Download Newsletter
This series covers the key areas to configure in your Microsoft or Google software, based on incidents we’ve seen. We’ll provide Ministry recommendations and then explain how to set it up in your Google and Microsoft software.
Topics planned are:
- Identity and authentication
Watch part 1: Intro and Microsoft(external link), watch part 2: Google(external link)
- File management and storage
- Mail, calendar and contacts
- Device management
- Administration and reporting
Tech bytes is a short series of technical videos showing you how you can quickly deploy capabilities from the Microsoft 365 Security suite.
- Deploy multi-factor authentication with Conditional Access(external link)
- Azure AD SSO to Google(external link)
- Detect risky users and Sign-ins with Azure AD Identity Protection(external link)
- Microsoft Defender for Identity(external link)
- Secure endpoint management with Intune(external link)
- Secure and protect endpoints with Defender for Endpoint(external link)
- Discover shadow IT with Defender for Cloud Apps(external link)
- Protect cloud apps with Defender for Office 365(external link)
- Microsoft 365 Defender integrations(external link)
Microsoft will be hosting a series of live webinars focused on the core pillars of cybersecurity and how Microsoft 365 with A5 can raise the base security configuration and cyber resilience of our schools and kura. Webinars will be recorded and made available below.
Learn the fundamentals of A5 Licensing
Join this webinar to learn about the capabilities included in Microsoft's A5 licence for staff and students, as of the Ministry of Education's Schools' Agreement with Microsoft.
|Watch the video(external link)
Zero Trust & Microsoft
Join this webinar to understand why you can embark on a modern, future-focused cybersecurity journey leveraging your Microsoft 365 capabilities and the principles of 'zero trust'.
|Video coming soon
Building the Connected Ecosystem
Join this webinar to learn about how you can leverage Microsoft 365 to build a cohesive and integrated cybersecurity strategy for your school that will improve your ability to detect and respond to cyber threats.
Video coming soon
Finding Your Way with Cybersecurity Frameworks
Join this webinar to understand industry-endorsed cybersecurity frameworks and when to recommended controls to improve your cyber resilience.
Video coming soon
The following videos will help your school make the most out of your Google workspace suite.
- Gmail safety and security settings(external link)
- Investigation tool to find bullying(external link)
- Security centre dashboard, alert centre, and security health(external link)
- Using the investigation tool to help triage and remedy safety threats(external link)
Our digital-focused newsletter is sent out monthly and shares tech news and tips with the sector. Subscribe to Digital Download(external link)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback