Cyber security in schools training
We want to help your school configure your technology and get the most out of the security products available to you.
We have a series of webinars and online training and a newsletter to help keep you up to date with the latest technology changes.
The webinars will be created for the tech lead at your school or your IT service provider.
- The security sessions
- Microsoft Tech bytes
- Microsoft webinars
- Google Workspace: how to
- The Digital Download Newsletter
In the Security Sessions we provide advice on configuring your Microsoft or Google software, to ensure that the back-end of your system set-up is secure. Throughout these sessions we’ll provide Ministry recommendations and then explain how to set it up in your Google and Microsoft software.
|Identity and authentication|
|Google file management and drive security|
|Mail, calendar and contacts|
|Administration and reporting – Google|
|Google investigation tool|
Tech bytes is a short series of technical videos showing you how you can quickly deploy capabilities from the Microsoft 365 Security suite.
- Deploy multi-factor authentication with Conditional Access(external link)
- Azure AD SSO to Google(external link)
- Detect risky users and Sign-ins with Azure AD Identity Protection(external link)
- Secure the domain with Defender for Identity(external link)
- Secure endpoint management with Intune(external link)
- Secure and protect endpoints with Defender for Endpoint(external link)
- Discover shadow IT with Defender for Cloud Apps(external link)
- Protect cloud apps with Defender for Office 365(external link)
- Microsoft 365 Defender integrations(external link)
Microsoft’s Zero to Cyber Hero webinar series focuses on the core pillars of cyber security and how Microsoft 365 with A5 can raise the base security configuration and cyber resilience of our schools and kura.
Learn the fundamentals of A5 Licensing
Join this webinar to learn about the capabilities included in Microsoft's A5 licence for staff and students, as of the Ministry of Education's Schools' Agreement with Microsoft.
Zero Trust & Microsoft
Join this webinar to understand why you can embark on a modern, future-focused cybersecurity journey leveraging your Microsoft 365 capabilities and the principles of 'zero trust'.
Building the Connected Ecosystem
Join this webinar to learn about how you can leverage Microsoft 365 to build a cohesive and integrated cybersecurity strategy for your school that will improve your ability to detect and respond to cyber threats.
Finding Your Way with Cybersecurity Frameworks
Join this webinar to understand industry-endorsed cybersecurity frameworks and when to recommended controls to improve your cyber resilience.
The following videos will help your school make the most out of your Google workspace suite.
- Gmail safety and security settings(external link)
- Investigation tool to find bullying(external link)
- Security centre dashboard, alert centre, and security health(external link)
- Using the investigation tool to help triage and remedy safety threats(external link)
Disclaimer from Microsoft
Because of the changing nature of cyber security, along with the cadence of updates to cloud services, every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information. However, some changes may occur that will contradict or deprecate information contained within these webinars. The Microsoft Docs(external link) site should always be considered the single source of truth with this information intending to simplify at times complex documentation for ease of deployment within a school.
Our digital-focused newsletter is sent out monthly and shares tech news and tips with the sector. Subscribe to Digital Download(external link)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback