First Partnership Schools Application Round (2013)
This section includes documents relating to the release of the request for Indications of Interest and those received; the Request for Applications to open the first partnership schools, and the applications that were long-listed by the Authorisation Board.
On 14 December 2012 the Partnership Schools | Kura Working Group publicly invited Indications of Interest from organisations interested in applying to run a Partnership Kura.
On 5 March 2013 the Ministry of Education released the Request for Application to operate a Partnership School opening in 2014. The application period closed on 16 April 2013.
The sponsors selected to open the first five partnership schools were announced by the Minister of Education and Associate Education Minister John Banks on 17 September 2013.
The five successful Partnership Schools and Sponsors were:
- The Rise UP Academy (The Rise Up Trust)
- South Auckland Middle School (Villa Education Trust)
- Te Kura Hourua o Whangarei Terenga Paraoa (He Puna Marama Charitable Trust)
- Te Pūmanawa o te Wairua (originally Te Kura Hourua ki Whangaruru) (Ngā Parirau Mātauranga Charitable Trust)
- Vanguard Military School (Advance Training Group Limited)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback