Round 1 - Partnership Schools Indication of Interest Phase
This section includes the Indications of Interest submitted to the Ministry and the feedback reports provided by the Partnership Schools | Kura Hourua Working Group.
On 14 December 2012 the Partnership Schools | Kura Working Group publicly invited Indications of Interest from organisations interested in applying to run a Partnership Kura. This was published and promoted on the Working Group website. This process was designed to identify whether there was sufficient interest from the community to warrant issuing a full application process and to help interested organisations understand what was likely to be required.
The Indication of Interest process was voluntary, and separate to the application process. The list of parties that submitted an Indication of Interest is not the same as the list of organisations that went on to make formal applications, as some organisations chose not to continue with the process.
The Working Group evaluated the Indications of Interest, and provided a feedback report to each respondent with suggestions on how their proposal could be strengthened. This feedback was not an indicator of likely approval or otherwise in the formal application process.
Documents are available in PDF format only. If you have any issues accessing the documents please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Partnership Schools - Indications of Interest form [PDF, 2.3 MB]
- Partnership Schools - Indications of Interest respondent list [PDF, 290 KB]
- Indications of Interest - A to N
- Indications of Interest - O to Z
- Indications of Interest Evaluations
The five successful Partnership Schools and Sponsors were:
- The Rise UP Academy (The Rise Up Trust)
- South Auckland Middle School (Villa Education Trust)
- Te Kura Hourua o Whangarei Terenga Paraoa (He Puna Marama Charitable Trust)
- Te Pūmanawa o te Wairua (originally Te Kura Hourua ki Whangaruru) (Ngā Parirau Mātauranga Charitable Trust)
- Vanguard Military School (Advance Training Group Limited)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback