Getting a Holidays Act remediation payment for former Ministry employees
If we have sent you a text, email or letter with a unique reference number, you are entitled to a remediation payment.
Please note that we are required by law to calculate all employees’ annual leave entitlements, in accordance with the Holidays Act 2003. Whatever the amount is that the person is owed, which can be very low, we must offer to pay it to them.
You may decide that the amount you are owed is not worth continuing with the process of uploading your documents and details. See the process below.
Check the amount of your entitlement first
Use the unique reference number that you received in your text or email or posted letter from the Ministry to access the portal. You will be asked a set of questions to prove your identity. You will then be able to see the remediation payment amount. If you do not wish to claim your payment, there is a box to tick to confirm you are choosing not to proceed with the claim.
Read more background information about Holidays Act remediation payments.
Before you start making a claim
If you have checked the amount of your entitlement and would like to proceed with claiming it, you’ll need the following information on hand:
- Your IRD number.
- Tax code declaration form — IR330(external link) [PDF, 116 KB].
- KiwiSaver deduction form — KS2(external link) [PDF, 81 KB] if you are currently a KiwiSaver member.
- Your bank account details (This must be a New Zealand bank account.).
- The unique reference number from the communication we sent you.
- A marriage, birth or dissolution of marriage certificate if your name has changed during the period stated.
- A current driver licence or passport; a passport is required for anyone currently residing overseas.
Four steps to complete in the portal
- Click ‘First time logging in/reset password’
- Enter your unique reference number then click ‘Submit’
- On the ‘New Password’ page, answer both security questions then click ‘Submit’
- Your new password will be displayed on this page in bold; copy your password then click ‘Login Page’. This will take you back to the ‘Sign In’ page
- Enter your reference number then paste in your password and click ‘Sign In’
- Verify your identity
- Verify your bank account details
- Submit your details
Once you have submitted, we will verify your details.
- Payments are made on the 20th of each month.
- If we verify your details 3 business days or more before the 20th of the month, you will receive your payment on the 20th of that month.
- If we verify your details less than 3 business days before the 20th of the month, you will receive your payment on or before the 20th of the next month.
- If the 20th of the month is a weekend or public holiday, you will be paid the next business day.
- We will email you confirmation of the payment.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or cannot access the portal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and we’ll get back to you.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback