Round 2 - Partnership Schools Applications Phase
This section includes documents relating to the release of the Request for Application to operate a Partnership School opening in 2015, and the applications that were received.
On 19 December 2013 the Ministry of Education released the Request for Applications for potential sponsors of Partnership Schools opening in 2015. The application closed 11 March 2014.
Successful applications were able to demonstrate commitment, experience and expertise in raising the educational aspirations and results of Māori and Pasifika students, students from low socio-economic backgrounds, and students with special education needs.
The Government set tighter priorities for the second round. While all high quality proposals were considered, priority was to be given to new Partnership Schools that:
- catered for primary-age students
- made effective use of the flexibilities offered by the model
- were based in areas of roll growth
- were large enough to be comfortably viable
- demonstrated a strong case for their location in relation to areas where students are not being well served by the education system
- offered innovative options for 0-8 year olds.
Funding for the second round of Partnership Schools | Kura Hourua was considered as part of Budget 2014.
The Partnerships Schools approved from the second round of applications opened in the beginning of 2015.
As with the first round, the Partnership Schools | Kura Hourua Authorisation Board made recommendations to the Minister on applications for approval.
Information has been withheld from these documents to protect personal privacy, and where its release would unreasonably prejudice a person’s or an organisations commercial position. Some applications also contain page numbering breaks as withheld Curriculum Vitae and financial documents have been removed to reduce file size.
In this section
- Round 2 - Application guidelines and information. Key documents relating to the application process and a list of the organisations that applied to run a Partnership School in 2015.
- Round 2 - Partnership School applications. Applications to run a Partnership School in 2015.
- Round 2 - Partnership Schools Contracts. Contracts between the Crown and the four sponsors approved to open a Partnership School in 2015.
The four successful Partnership Schools and Sponsors were:
- Middle School West Auckland (Villa Education Trust)
- Pacific Advance Senior School (Pacific Peoples Advancement Trust)
- Te Kāpehu Whetū – Teina (He Puna Marama Charitable Trust)
- Te Kura Māori o Waatea (Manukau Urban Māori Authority)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback