Kei Tua o te Pae
Kei Tua o te Pae/Assessment for Learning: Early Childhood Exemplars is a best-practice guide that will help teachers continue to improve the quality of their teaching.
The exemplars are a series of books that will help teachers to understand and strengthen children's learning. It also shows how children, parents and whānau can contribute to this assessment and ongoing learning.
We are making improvements to our Download-to-Print functionality, so if you want a printed copy there are PDF versions available at the bottom of the main cover page.
Reflective questions – He pātai hei whakaaro iho
- How does the documentation here contribute to language and storytelling?
- Are documented assessments revisited, with the opportunity for adults and teaching peers to give feedback on the learning and for children to express their ideas?
- What evidence is shown in assessments that te reo Māori is recognised as a poutokomanawa?
- Do children have a voice in the documented assessments?
- Are assessments clear about the languages and modes of communicating that are valued here?
- Do documented assessments show continuity of communication for learners?
- Are home languages represented in documented assessments?