Kei Tua o te Pae
Kei Tua o te Pae/Assessment for Learning: Early Childhood Exemplars is a best-practice guide that will help teachers continue to improve the quality of their teaching.
The exemplars are a series of books that will help teachers to understand and strengthen children's learning. It also shows how children, parents and whānau can contribute to this assessment and ongoing learning.
We are making improvements to our Download-to-Print functionality, so if you want a printed copy there are PDF versions available at the bottom of the main cover page.
Reflective questions – He pātai hei whakaaro iho
- Who are we documenting for? Who should we be documenting for?
- How do our assessment practices make valued learning visible to teachers, to children, and to families and whānau?
- In what ways do assessment examples from our early childhood setting reflect socially and culturally valued roles in the community?
- Have the families contributed to the development of our learning community? In what ways? How do we make this possible for families where English is not their first language?
- Do our assessments include contributions from home? How do we encourage and nurture such contributions?
- How do we ensure that our assessments reflect the diversity of cultures in our learning community?