Health and safety
Coordinating health and safety systems across a Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako has the potential to save duplication and make schools, kura and early learning services me ngā kōhanga reo safer for everyone.
|Level of compliance||Main audience||Other|
A Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako may choose to share consistent health and safety policies and practice.
Opportunities to work together
- Share your health and safety systems with other members of your Community of Learning.
- Create a standardised process to escalate health and safety issues across the Community of Learning.
- Request regular feedback from your health and safety representatives to share learning and improve processes.
- Develop consistent emergency management practices and protocols for working in and visiting each other’s schools and early learning services.
- Build a common health and safety induction process for new staff (this could be kept up to date by one nominated person instead of one person in each school or early learning service).
Risks still need to be managed at an individual school or early learning service level. Shared risk management processes, however, could be developed for events such as sports days, school camps and education outside the classroom.
When risks or issues are identified, there is an opportunity to make improvements to health and safety systems across your Community of Learning.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback