EC8 – Change your service details

If you want to change details about your service, you’ll need to fill out the EC8 application form.

Use the EC8 application form if you need to:

  • Change any information specified on your licence, including a change to the identity of your service provider or contact person
  • Change your service provider's details
  • Change your service details
  • Change your funding / emergency contact person's details
  • Change your contact person's details.

Application forms

Application form EC8 - change your centre-based service details [PDF, 654 KB]

Application form EC8 - change your home-based service details [PDF, 449 KB]

Email or post your completed form (along with other required documents) to your local Ministry office(external link). You may like to keep a copy for your personal records.

Selling a service

If you are selling your service to another provider, they will need to fill out the statutory declaration in the application form and sign it in front of an authorised witness.

More information about statutory declarations and authorised witnesses(external link)

Once we’ve received your application

We’ll do our best to consider your application within 30 working days of when we receive your complete application. We need all the information before we can start considering your application. 

If we need more information

If we require more information, we will contact you and explain what we need. You’ll need to provide this to us within 10 days.

Visit to your premises

Some changes may require us to visit the service before approval. For example, if you’re wanting to increase the number of children you’re allowed, we’ll first need to check that the inside and outside areas of your premises are large enough.

We’ll call you to work out a time to visit when your key staff and service provider’s contact person can be there.

Successful applications

If your application is successful, we’ll let you know by email or phone. If your licence was changed, we’ll email or post you an amended licence.

If you run a centre-based service, you must display the amended licence at the service for parents/caregivers and visitors to see.

If you run a home-based service, you must make the licence available to parents/caregivers.

Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback