EC1: Start a new service

Use the EC1 form if you are ready to start a new early learning service.

Select the centre-based or home-based form below, then click on the 'Probationary licence and application form' section of the page that opens up. 

EC1: Start a new centre-based service

EC1: Start a new home-based service

To access the EC1 form for hospital-based services and kōhanga reo, please contact your local Ministry office.

Local Ministry offices

Please note, from 1 February 2023, unless excluded, before applying for a licence you must first have applied for and been granted network approval.

Network management

Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback