Leadership in early childhood education
What does the term leadership mean in early childhood education (ECE)?
Educational leadership involves:
- increasing and sharing our knowledge of the curriculum
- keeping up to date with the latest research in practice
- researching our own practice
- experimenting with new approaches
- sharing our insights with others.
Leadership in early childhood education for '5 out of 5' children
The Ministry of Education has prepared new material for leaders in early childhood education. These resources aim to stimulate leadership conversations and actions to ensure ‘5 out of 5’ children benefit fully from early childhood education.
Over the next couple of months we will expend this section. Anything in particular you would like to see here? Let us know what you think we should add.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback