Privacy Statement for Early Childhood Services Network Approval Application
- Why are we collecting your personal information?
- What personal information will be collected?
- How will we use your personal information?
- How will we collect your personal information?
- How will we keep your personal information safe?
- Sharing of your personal information
- How long will we keep your personal information?
- Your rights under the Privacy Act 2020
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about the licensed early childhood services network approval application and assessment processes and how the Ministry of Education (the Ministry) will collect, store, use and share your information as part of this collection.
Under the Education and Training Act 2020 (Sections 17, 17A, 17B, 17C, 17D, 18, 18A, 18B, 18C), and the Education (Early Childhood Services Network Approval) Regulations 2020, an individual or entity that intends to operate a licensed early childhood service must apply to the Minister of Education for approval to apply for a license to operate the service.
The Ministry is required to collect sufficient information to assess:
- the suitability of the applicant and of every individual involved in the governance of a proposed service which, at a minimum, requires the Ministry to consider and determine whether each individual is a fit and proper person,
- the applicant’s financial position, and the financial viability of the proposed service,
- the licensing history of any other early childhood service previously or currently owned, operated, or managed by, or otherwise connected with the applicant and every individual involved in the governance of the proposed service,
- the applicant’s capability to effectively establish and provide the service to which the application relates, and
- any further information that the Minister of Education considers is relevant to the application.
We will be collecting the following personal information:
- Information on each individual involved in governance of the proposed service:
- Full Name and any previous names.
- Date of Birth.
- A Police vet including your name, address, and driver’s license number.
- A list of early childhood services an individual is or has been involved with.
- A statutory declaration including your name, address, and occupation.
- Any information you provide as part of the supporting information template including additional information on anything included in your statutory declaration or police vet.
- Any other personal information you choose to tell us.
- If you are an applicant that is applying as an individual, contact details (e-mail address, address, and telephone numbers).
- Where relevant, personal financial information supplied as evidence for the financial viability of the proposed service and the financial position of the applicant.
- Evidence of an individual’s skills, experience, or qualifications to assess the applicant’s capability to effectively establish and provide the proposed service.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Assess the network approval application
- Make a recommendation on the application to the Minister of Education
- Monitoring any conditions placed on the application, and compliance with network approvals.
- Manage any revocations for network approval.
We may also use aggregate level information within the Ministry for the purposes of monitoring, maintaining, and improving licensed early childhood services, and education related research and statistics. Any analysis we will carry out on the information provided will be done in a way that does not allow for you or your information to be uniquely identified.
We will collect your personal information via a paper application or an online application form. Relevant personal information will be collected during the application, assessment, and monitoring processes.
We will collect information directly from you if you are the only applicant. Where there is more than one individual who is an applicant, or the applicant is an entity with governing members, we will require one of the individuals or governing members to submit the relevant information on behalf of all individuals. The individual or governing member submitting the application must have received consent to submit information about the other individuals.
It is important that we keep individuals’ information safe and secure.
We maintain a secure environment for the protection of all personal information we collect, hold and use. We have appropriate privacy and security safeguards in place to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
Only authorised staff in the Ministry and the Office of the Minister of Education will have access to your information, and access to your information will only be for the purposes above.
The application will be shared with the Minister of Education and authorised staff in the Office of the Minister of Education for the purposes of approving the application.
If an application is approved, a “notice of approval” will be issued to the applicant that will include a list of everyone who has been assessed as a fit and proper person in relation to the application. If you are an applicant that is applying as an individual or as a group of individuals, your name/names will be published in a register of approvals for as long as the approval is active and, if revoked, in a register of revocations (along with the primary reasons for revocation) for the period that the approval was initially granted for.
We may also disclose aggregate level information for the purposes of managing the network of licensed early childhood services and reporting on network approval, or where we are required to do so by legislation.
We will not keep your information for longer than is required for the purposes above. Information that is no longer required for the purpose it was collected will be securely deleted.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, or by telephoning +64 4 463 8000.
As an applicant, you can log into the online application to access and correct information that you have entered prior to submitting the application.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback