ECE Funding Handbook
Welcome to the Early Childhood Funding Handbook. This Funding Handbook is issued under section 548(5) of the Education and Training Act 2020. The funding paid to licensed services is paid subject to the terms and conditions set out under this Handbook and must be complied with. The terms used in this Handbook are based in the Education (Early Childhood Services) Regulations 2008.
This Handbook is designed to be a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all you need to know about early childhood funding, including:
- the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Funding Subsidy
- 20 Hours Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Equity Funding
- the Annual Top-Up for Isolated Services
Note: The information in the Funding Handbook does not apply to certificated playgroups. These services should contact their Ministry regional office for further information.
Downloading the ECE Funding Handbook
If you want a printed copy of this handbook, refer to the list of downloads in the contents section where you will find downloadable PDF versions of each chapter.
Licensing Criteria Cover
RS7 Returns must have a completed Declaration
All RS7 Returns must be accompanied by a completed Declaration. The wording of this Declaration is shown below.
- If you are completing a paper-based RS7 Return, this Declaration will be signed. Paper-based RS7 Returns must be completed in pen and signed in order to be processed for funding. Do not use pencil anywhere on your RS7 Return.
- If you are completing an electronic RS7 Return, this Declaration will be submitted.