ECE Funding Handbook
Welcome to the Early Childhood Funding Handbook. This Funding Handbook is issued under section 548(5) of the Education and Training Act 2020(external link). The funding paid to licensed services is paid subject to the terms and conditions set out under this Handbook and must be complied with. The terms used in this Handbook are based in the Education (Early Childhood Services) Regulations 2008.
This Handbook is designed to be a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all you need to know about early childhood funding, including:
- the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Funding Subsidy
- 20 Hours Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Equity Funding
- the Annual Top-Up for Isolated Services
Note: The information in the Funding Handbook does not apply to certificated playgroups. These services should contact their Ministry regional office for further information.
Downloading the ECE Funding Handbook
If you want a printed copy of this handbook, refer to the list of downloads in the contents section where you will find downloadable PDF versions of each chapter.
8-1 Changing bank account details
Changes to a service provider bank account must be made using an RS2 Change of Bank Account Form.
Completing the RS2 Form
Follow these steps to complete the RS2 Form:
Step Action 1 Enter the name and contact details of your ECE service. 2 Tick one of the boxes with the reason for the bank account change. 3 Enter bank account details on the RS2 Form. 4
- Attach a pre-printed deposit slip from your bank showing the bank account number or
- Get the bank associated with the service to write in the new bank account details and sign and stamp the RS2 Form or
- Attach a bank printed notice on your bank’s letterhead that has been signed and stamped by your bank, and which shows your service’s bank account number and name.
- Have the RS2 Form certified by two signatories – one of whom must be the treasurer/secretary or licensee of your service.
- If there is only one signatory, please indicate that on the form.
6 Return the RS2 Form to ECE Operational Funding.
If your service has joined a larger group of services under a service provider, you may be contacted by the Ministry to confirm the exact service provider name (if this is not obvious from the new bank account).
ECE Operational Funding must receive the completed RS2 Form at least two weeks before your next payment is due to be made.