Annual Report 2017 — Part one
Section 19B reports
The Vote Education and Vote Tertiary Education Section 19B Reports in Relation to Non-Departmental Appropriations for the year ended 30 June 2017 were presented to the House in accordance with section 19B of the Public Finance Act 1989.
Parts 2 and 3 of the Annual Report 2017
Download the full Annual Report 2017 to view:
- Part 2 — Our performance information
- Part 3 — Annual financial statements.
Part 1 - Our key achievements
This section outlines our key achievements during 2016/17 and how our work has delivered against the priorities set out in the Ministry’s Four Year Plan 2016-2020.
It outlines the performance framework for the year and reports on progress against our three long term outcomes:
- The education system is relevant and reaches all children and students
- Every child and student achieves educational success
- New Zealanders have skills and knowledge for work and life.
It then reports on progress during 2016/17 in our stewardship role and managing the Ministry itself, through sections on:
- Effective stewardship of the education system
- Building capability and managing responsibly.