Annual Report 2017 — Part one
Section 19B reports
The Vote Education and Vote Tertiary Education Section 19B Reports in Relation to Non-Departmental Appropriations for the year ended 30 June 2017 were presented to the House in accordance with section 19B of the Public Finance Act 1989.
Vote Education Section 19B Report 2016-2017 [PDF, 417 KB]
Vote Tertiary Education Section 19B Report 2016-2017 [PDF, 520 KB]
Parts 2 and 3 of the Annual Report 2017
Download the full Annual Report 2017 to view:
- Part 2 — Our performance information
- Part 3 — Annual financial statements.
Annual Report 2017 [PDF, 1.3 MB]
Part 1 - Our key achievements
This section outlines our key achievements during 2016/17 and how our work has delivered against the priorities set out in the Ministry’s Four Year Plan 2016-2020.
It outlines the performance framework for the year and reports on progress against our three long term outcomes:
- The education system is relevant and reaches all children and students
- Every child and student achieves educational success
- New Zealanders have skills and knowledge for work and life.
It then reports on progress during 2016/17 in our stewardship role and managing the Ministry itself, through sections on:
- Effective stewardship of the education system
- Building capability and managing responsibly.