Annual Report 2016 - Part one
Section 19B reports
The Vote Education Section 19B Report in Relation to Non-Departmental Appropriations for the year ended 30 June 2016 was presented to the House in accordance with section 19B of the Public Finance Act 1989 on 20 October 2016.
Parts 2 and 3 of the Annual Report 2016
Download the full Annual Report 2016 to view:
- Part 2 — Statements of service Performance
- Part 3 — Annual financial statements.
Amendment to the report
Since being tabled, the Statement of Cash Flows has been amended for a minor editorial error.
Part 1 – Our performance story
This section outlines our key achievements during 2015/16 and how our work has delivered against the priorities set out in the Ministry’s Four Year Plan 2015-2019.
It outlines the performance framework for the year and reports on progress against three long-term outcomes:
- The education system is relevant and reaches all children and students
- Every child and student achieves educational success
- New Zealanders have skills and knowledge for work and life
It then reports on progress during 2015/16 in our stewardship role and managing the Ministry itself, through sections on:
- Effective stewardship of the education system
- Building capability and managing responsibly.