Te Ahu o Te Reo Māori providers announced
Te Ahu o Te Reo Māori is a programme for education leaders, teachers and kaiako, and support staff to learn te reo Māori in English-medium and Māori-medium pathways, from early learning to secondary school level.
Today we have announced the names of the providers who will support the national rollout of the programme.
Te Ahu o Te Reo Māori is an opportunity for te reo Māori to be normalised in the education system by encouraging the use of the language by everyone, every day, in every way, and everywhere: kia horapa te reo.
The ultimate goal is to see participants of the programme develop the skills and knowledge needed to apply their learning in ways that benefit tamariki and the wider school and early learning context.
The education providers for Te Ahu o Te Reo Māori are all education stalwarts who are experts in their local dialects and histories and are dedicated to ensuring that te reo Māori survives and thrives and includes:
- Tupu Ora Education and Development Limited
- Takatū Associates Ltd
- Takapaukura Limited
- Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand Incorporated
- Te Rūnanga Nui o Ngā Kura Kaupapa Māori and Te Ataarangi Trust
- Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology Limited
- Eastern Institute of Technology Limited
- Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
- Ngāti Kahungunu Iwi Incorporated
- Te Taumata o Ngāti Whakaue Iho Ake Trust
- Kāuru Limited
- Learning Leaders Limited
- Te Ataarangi ki Te Kāhui Maunga Charitable Trust
Te Ahu o Te Reo Māori has been piloted successfully in four regions and now it is time for the entire education workforce to be able to access this kaupapa.
The delivery of Te Ahu o Te Reo Māori is set to kick off later this year.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback