Refresh of Action Plan for Pacific Education
The Action Plan for Pacific Education has been refreshed in 2023 to set out the next set of actions to support Pacific education success, and to strengthen the strategic focus on Pacific languages in education.
The Action Plan for Pacific Education 2023 outlines the actions the Government has committed to for achieving the vision and signals how early learning services, schools and tertiary providers can achieve change for Pacific learners and their families.
It also includes the next investment from Government and captures our commitment on Pacific languages in education.
The 2023 refresh of the Action Plan:
- Has a strengthened strategic focus on Pacific bilingual and immersion education and Pacific Languages in Education
- Includes the next set of Government actions to achieve the vision and key shifts.
The Action Plan identifies five key shifts and a set of actions that are needed to achieve this vision:
- work reciprocally with diverse Pacific communities to respond to unmet needs, including growing and supporting Pacific bilingual and immersion education pathways;
- confront systemic racism and discrimination in education;
- enable every teacher, leader and educational professional to take coordinated action to become culturally competent with diverse Pacific learners;
- partner with families to design education opportunities together with teachers, leaders and educational professionals so aspirations for learning and employment can be met; and
- grow, retain and value highly competent teachers, leaders and educational professionals with diverse Pacific whakapapa.
Read more about the 2023 Action Plan for Pacific Education:
Find out more about the Action Plan on Action Plan for Pacific Education 2020–2030
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback