Loss, repairs and maintenance
Schools are responsible for regularly checking that the assistive technology works correctly, and apply for a replacement or repair when things are no longer working.
How to manage loss, repairs or maintenance issues
This means that schools need to:
- keep the equipment warranty and proof of purchase details on file
- cover low cost maintenance/repairs (less than $100)
- obtain repair or replacement assessment for damaged items
- file a claim with your insurance company for the items which are lost, stolen or damaged and apply to us for funding to cover the insurance excess (using the following Repair or replacement form)
- apply to us for funding to cover other costly repairs or to replace technology that's no longer working (using the Repair or replacement form)
- apply to us for funding to cover technology that's lost, stolen or damaged (using the Repair or replacement form).
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback