Forms for assistive technology

The following forms and information sheets can help when considering applying for, or supporting assistive technology use in your school.

Level of complianceMain audienceOther


  • Teachers and Kaiako
  • Principals and Tumuaki
  • Specialist Staff
  • Parents, Caregivers and Whānau
  • Boards

Many of the forms on this index page must be completed and submitted in order for a school to receive and appropriately manage assistive technology for their students.

Form Used Further information
Assistive technology form — Assessment and application [DOCX, 170 KB] By schools to apply for assistive technology

Applying for assistive technology

Assistive technology form — Transfer  [DOCX, 134 KB] By schools if the student changes schools or the student leaves school. Also when equipment is no longer required When a student transfers or leaves school
Assistive technology form — Repair or replacement [DOCX, 143 KB] By school when the Ministry funded assistive technology requires repairs or replacement Loss, repairs and maintenance of equipment
Assistive technology template — Management plan [DOCX, 129 KB] By schools to plan for the safety, care and management of the allocated assistive technology Setting up and managing the assistive technology
Assistive technology form — Variation [DOCX, 58 KB] If there's a change in cost from a school's original application Applying for assistive technology
Assistive technology form — Training plan [DOCX, 132 KB] When very specialised Ministry funded assistive technology is requiring additional specialised training for use in the school Setting up and managing the assistive technology
Assistive technology form — Review [DOCX, 129 KB] By a school when the allocated assistive technology has been used by the student for 6 months or more

Assistive technology form — Loan [DOCX, 130 KB] When our assistive technology is on loan to your school, for trial, as part of the assistive technology assessment / application process for a particular student



Assistive technology — Auditory Processing Disorder application form [DOCX, 158 KB] By school when their student has an audiologists diagnosis of APD and requires assistive technology to support learning in school Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
Assistive technology application form — Joint funding [DOC, 271 KB] To apply for joint funding (between the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health) Applying for assistive technology
Joint Funding Information sheet [PNG, 85 KB]

Application forms for specialist use only

Assistive technology — Furniture application form (Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy use only) [DOCX, 163 KB]

Assistive technology — Hearing application form (for AoDC or ASSIST use only) [DOCX, 152 KB]

Assistive technology — Vision application form (for Resource Teacher Vision use only) [DOCX, 193 KB]

Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback