The following organisations provide information and resources about studying and teaching in New Zealand.
Careers New Zealand
Careers New Zealand help people make decisions about jobs, training and careers at any age or stage of their lives.
Education New Zealand (ENZ)
Education New Zealand (ENZ) is the lead Government agency for the promotion of New Zealand education internationally.
ENZ works to build awareness of New Zealand as a study destination and to pave the way for exporting education institutions and businesses.
Education Review Office (ERO) — Te Tari Arotake Matauranga
The Education Review Office (ERO) reviews and reports publicly on the quality of education in all New Zealand schools and early childhood education services.
ERO also publishes national reports on current education topics.
New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
The NZQA ensures that New Zealand qualifications are regarded as credible and robust, nationally and internationally.
Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand
The Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand (formerly the Education Council) is the professional body for New Zealand teachers.
As well as championing best practise and leadership, the Council:
- is responsible for the registration and ongoing certification of teachers in New Zealand
- supports the processes to make sure teachers meet and maintain the necessary standards needed to teach
- manages the systems for ensuring teachers are competent
- administers the process for managing complaints about teachers.
Tertiary Education Commission — Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua
The Tertiary Education Commission is responsible for government-funded post-compulsory education and training offered in New Zealand.
The Correspondence School — Te Kura
The Correspondence School — Te Kura provides distance education from early childhood level to Year 13.
The school's learning advisors, teachers and in-region staff work with students, their families and communities to help students achieve their potential.
Universities New Zealand (UNZ) — Te Pōkai Tara
Universities New Zealand is:
- responsible for the quality of university programmes
- administers a range of scholarships
- represents the universities in the public interest, both nationally and internationally.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback