Request a review of teacher aide funding – for students in ORS or SHHNF
Schools can request a review of the teacher aide resource allocated to a student or child in the Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS) or the School High Health Needs Fund (SHHNF). You can request either an informal or a formal review.
Request an informal review
Request an informal review to ask for clarification about the level or type of support that’s been allocated or to raise any concerns with us. You can do this verbally.
Informal review process
A Ministry service or fund manager usually leads the review and it follows this process.
- Face-to-face or phone discussions between us and your school, or family and whānau.
- We review the allocation of the resource for the student and keep notes of the outcome.
- The informal review may become a formal review if your school or parents and whānau make a written request.
Request a formal review
You can request a formal review at any time. You can also request a formal review if you are not satisfied with the outcome of an informal review.
Formal review process
The process for a formal review is as follows.
- You need to write to us and include the reasons for your request.
- We confirm that we’ve received your request within 10 working days.
- We review current information on the student or child.
- We ask you to supply more information if we need it.
- The review occurs within 10 working days of getting any additional information or sooner if no additional information is needed.
- The formal review process may occur within your district or at regional or national level according to the agreed district or regional processes. It may also be managed between district managers.
- We keep formal notes of any verbal or written submissions you make and also record our decision and the reasons for it.
- We discuss the outcome of the review with everyone concerned.
- We inform you in writing of our decision within 10 working days.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback