Automatic doors at schools
Information about automatic doors and when they may be necessary.
|Level of compliance||Main audience||Other|
Boards may need to consider whether it is appropriate to install automatic doors at your school. They are sometimes installed in schools to help students with learning support needs to move around.
Automatic doors may help students with learning support needs to move around a school independently.
However, these doors are not usually appropriate in a school setting because they:
- need a high level of ongoing maintenance
- have particular fire safety requirements.
On occasion, we may provide Learning support property modification funding for automatic doors.
We would only consider this if:
- there are no other suitable options
- it would help with the student’s independence
- it would reduce the amount of adult support required.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback