Emergency payment on application during Alert Level 2
Emergency payment scheme now closed
The emergency payment scheme was established at the beginning of Alert Level 4 to support casual workers hired on an “as-needed” basis who would be left with no or limited income during the COVID-19 pandemic response.
At Level 2, most workers could safely return to work, however the scheme was extended by application only for casual employees unable to take up work due to COVID-19.
With the Government announcing that New Zealand is now in Alert Level 1 and people can return to work without any restrictions, the emergency payment scheme is now closed.
If it becomes necessary to provide support to casual employees who are effected by COVID-19 in the future, such as a move back through the alert levels, we will work with schools and kura to ensure support is provided.
Who to contact?
- Frequently asked questions about the emergency payment
- Questions around general employment advice, should be sent to the New Zealand Schools Trustees Association (NZSTA) at email@example.com or Freephone 0800 782 435 (option #2)
- Payroll information can be found on the Novopay website(external link)
- Questions about how the emergency payment is processed can be sent by authorised payroll administrators to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about how schools will be funded for unexpected COVID 19 payroll costs can be sent to email@example.com.
- Other questions, including those from employees and kaimahi without a school payroll administrator, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback