Digital Technology: Safe and responsible use in schools
The following guide is a companion to the Guidelines for the surrender and retention of property and searches.
Support | Help and guidance resources
- Bullying prevention and response: A guide for schools, Ministry of Education (2014)
- Guidelines for the surrender and retention of property and searches, Ministry of Education (2014)
- Privacy in Schools: A guide to the Privacy Act for principals, teachers and boards of trustees(external link), Privacy Commissioner (2009)
Developing school capability
Other resources to support professional discussions about how to develop the safe and responsible use of technologies.
- NetSafe Kit for Schools, Version 4(external link) (2013)
- e-Learning Planning Framework, Ministry of Education (2014)
- Māori medium e-Learning Planning Framework Te Rangitukutuku, Ministry of Education (2013)
- OWLS. An online privacy resource for younger children(external link) (2013)
Online service support
In partnership with a range of online service providers, NetSafe has produced a guide of practical tips called ‘Staying Safe: Cybersafety tips from NZ’s leading online companies’.
Direct links to providers’ support resources: