Supporting schools with digital learning
The Ministry of Education’s Connected Learning Advisory (CLA) service has been providing support to help New Zealand schools to maximise the potential of their N4L ultrafast broadband internet connection over the last 4 years.
However, this CLA service will conclude at the end of 2018 as the Ministry shifts its focus to supporting schools with the introduction of the Digital Technologies & Hangarau Matihiko (DT & HM) curriculum changes. For instance the Digital Technologies for All Equity Fund and Digital Readiness Programme will help make digital technologies more accessible for students and support teachings to understand the DT & HM changes.
Schools will continue to be able to access the following related services in the digital learning area after the CLA service concludes:
- N4L: Continues to provide support related to the N4L internet connections and cyber security services in schools.
- Enabling eLearning: Provides information for schools as they plan for change and improvement in their use of digital technologies for learning across the curriculum.
- ICT Helpdesk: Provides technical support to schools and advice on Ministry ICT policies.
- Digital Technologies Professional Learning and Development (PLD): Specific funding to support the introduction of the DT & HM curriculum changes.
- Netsafe: Provides cyber safety and security support for schools.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback