COVID-19 update for Tertiary providers and students - 27 March
This update provides information on the repatriation of international students, including flights and domestic travel to the airport to get those flights.
- Currently New Zealand is now at Alert Level 4(external link) in its response to COVID-19.
- Under Alert Level 4, no domestic flights will be permitted for students wanting to connect with flights after midnight, 27th March. Transport to the airport to get to an international flight and return home is permitted as long as you are driven by someone in your “bubble” before midnight, 27th March.
- German students who have registered with the Embassy should not leave their accommodation “bubble” until they receive an email direct from the German Embassy with confirmation of seats and flight times. If they do not have this email they should not travel.
- The Level 4 restrictions on travel in New Zealand are important for us all to protect the health of everyone in New Zealand and to save lives. If transport is being undertaken please respect the social distancing requirements.
- Stay up to date and get more information below:
For health advice, please refer to the Ministry of Health’s website:
For official Government information about COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), including health advice and travel restrictions visit the All-of-Government website: COVID19.govt.nz(external link).
For more advice for students visit the Te Mahau website:
To keep updated on travel restrictions and visa information visit:
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback