Residential Special Schools information release 2012
There is a high level of public interest around the decision about Salisbury School and the future of the Residential Special Schools network. Consequently we are proactively publishing a set of information related to this.
Deletions have been made under the following sections of the Official Information Act 1982
- section 9(2)(a) to protect the privacy of individuals.
- section 9(2)(f)(iv) to maintain constitutional conventions which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials
- section 9(2)(g)(i) to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com.
Media queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Papers relating to Salisbury School and the future of the residential special schools network
- Education report: Response to the Judicial Review judgement about the closure of Salisbury School, 12 December 2012 [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Rapid response to Salisbury school [DOC, 34 KB]
- Education report: Options following the Judicial Review decision about the closure of Salisbury School, 23 January 2013 [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- Aide Memoire: Ministerial visit to Salisbury School [PDF, 2.4 MB]
- Report on the suitability of Halswell Residential College as a co-education residential special school [PDF, 577 KB]
- Potential increased risks in a residential co-educational setting to girls with an intellectual impairment, Ministry of Education Lit Review [PDF, 4.1 MB]
- Evaluation of the safety of children in co-educational residential special schools (A literature review) [PDF, 649 KB]
- Education Report: Future of the residential special schools network and follow-on decisions following the outcome of the Judicial Review [PDF, 604 KB]
- Cabinet paper. Special Education : Future of the residential special schools network following judicial review [PDF, 1.4 MB]
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback