Early Learning Funding Update – March 2019
Funding reminders for the Early Learning Sector for March 2019 including RS7 return update, Resubmissions and Early childhood funding rates.
ECE Operational funding update
RS7 return update
On 1 March the Ministry paid the latest instalment of early childhood education (ECE) funding to services that submitted their RS7 Return up to and including 8 February.
Services that submit their RS7 return after 8 February, up to (and including) 6 March, will receive funding overnight on Wednesday 20 March 2019.
Emails acknowledging receipt of the RS7 Returns are sent out to services. If you do not receive an acknowledgement email within 2 working days of your submission, please check your student management system or ELI reports and contact the Ministry.
Funding notices are posted to services on the payment date. The Ministry does not provide confirmation of amounts prior to this date.
Early learning services are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the data submitted. Resubmissions are available to correct genuine errors or oversights that come to light at a later date.
Resubmissions for the October 2018 to January 2019 period should be made electronically. Resubmissions may be audited by the Ministry’s Monitoring Team to verify their accuracy. Submissions that relate to earlier than February 2018 will not be processed.
Early childhood funding rates
From 1 January 2019, a 1.6% increase to the ECE subsidy funding rates is being made to most early learning services to help manage the increased costs of provision and maintain quality and affordability. Funding at the new rates will be paid from the March 2019 funding period.
As a result of the home-based review, the 1.6% increase is being applied to services on the quality rate only. The quality rate requirements are set out in the ECE Funding Handbook, which services must maintain at all times. Services must apply to the Ministry to change their rate when they no longer meet the stated requirements.
The new rates have been published in the ECE Funding Handbook.
- For information about the funding rules please refer to the ECE Funding Handbook, which is also published on our website
- Information about the electronic RS7 Returns and ELI are available on the Early Learning Information System website(external link)
- For any questions, or if you need to discuss any funding issues, please contact Resourcing Support, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (phone 0800 ECE ECE (323 323) or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For any licensing or general operational matters, contact your regional Ministry office. Also contact your regional office if you require any updates to your services contact details
- ECE key funding dates for 2019 are published on education.govt.nz.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback