Download a starter guide
The following guides contain detailed information about the steps to establishing a Community of Learning. They describe the process from expressing interest in participating to developing and implementing the achievement challenges plan to appointing the specific Community of Learning roles.
- Expression of interest [DOCX, 269 KB]
Complete this form if you are interested in joining or forming a Community of Learning.
- Guide for Schools and Kura [PDF, 777 KB]
This guide contains information about how to become a Community of Learning, appoint the specific roles and describes the life cycle of a Community of Learning. Appendix 1 provides a privacy protocol.
- He Aratohu ma nga Kura [PDF, 512 KB]
This guide contains the same information as the Guide for Schools and Kura, written in te reo Māori.
- Tips and Starters: Working Together [PDF, 279 KB]
This guide sets out how working together might look, how to build collaboration, the process of developing an achievement challenge and operating structures for Communities of Learning. Appendix 1 lists evidence that could be used to measure achievement.
- Guide to Writing a Memorandum of Agreement [PDF, 185 KB]
This guide describes the essential items in a Memorandum of Agreement and how to write one.
- Role Selection and Appointment Information [PDF, 283 KB]
This guide describes the 3 specific Community of Learning roles, the process of selecting and appointing people to these roles and describes the roles of other parties involved in the appointments.
- Supporting early learning representation [PDF, 233 KB]
This information sheet describes how early childhood education services me ngā kōhanga reo can play an important role in Communities of Learning.
- Communities of Learning | Kāhui Ako(external link)
This NZSTA guide is available from the NZSTA website.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback