Health and wellbeing for children and young people
These resources help with wellbeing and health issues including bullying, immunisations, physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
- Physical Activity for Healthy, Confident Kids [PDF, 3.1 MB]
- Preventing and dealing with bullying
- Why promote healthy lifestyles?
- School High Health Need Fund
- Infection control issues surrounding HIV/AIDS and other blood borne diseases (external link) on the Ministry of Health website
- Health conditions in education settings: supporting children and young people
Handwashing at school
The Ministry of Health advises washing hands in clean water with soap for 20 seconds and drying hands for the same time. Further information and resources (external link)
If you are redeveloping or building a new school, see our toilet reference design guidelines [PDF, 1.2 MB]
Go to the diseases and illnesses section (external link) on the Ministry of Health website
Immunisation schedule for children and young people (and adults) (external link) [Ministry of Health website]
Headlice and nits
Headlice and nits (external link) * on the Ministry of Health website
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback