TELA laptops for teachers and principals
TELA is a laptop leasing scheme for eligible principals and teachers in state and state integrated schools. From 1 March 2018,TELA will become TELA+ and be managed by a new provider.
TELA+ product catalogue
You can use the TELA+ product catalogue (external link) for orders to be placed after 1 March. The new catalogue offers selected models from Acer, Apple, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft. The range includes laptops, tablets and Chromebooks and will be updated from time to time as new models are released.
Existing TELA scheme information
- How to get access to the scheme
- TELA helpdesk contact details
- Eligibility to join the scheme
- The scheme provides
- Returning your laptop
Schools must first opt into the scheme by either ringing or emailing the TELA helpdesk.
Tel: 0800 438 468
Schools must be state or state integrated.
Teachers must be:
- permanent full-time or part-time (at least 50% full-time equivalent) teacher
- working with Years 1 to 13 classes
- relieving for a permanent position in Year 1 to 13 classes (long-term relievers are only eligible if they are relieving for a permanent position that doesn't have a laptop).
Once schools have opted into the scheme they have a choice of 3 suppliers and 9 laptop models. Laptops are leased for 3 years and then replaced
Other services provide by the scheme include:
- a helpdesk
- ordering portal
- stock management and distribution
- Frequently Asked Questions page (FAQs)
- leasing services
- warranty and indemnity repair services.
Schools need to make sure they remove any data before returning laptops using the process described in the FAQ document on the TELA website homepage (external link)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback