Applying to be an ICT or electrical contractor, or a wireless integrator

How to apply for the Ministry approved contractors’ lists.

All contractors who work on the following in schools must be approved by the Ministry of Education:

  • installing structured cabling
  • supplying structured cabling
  • integrating wireless services

Installers and integrators – how to apply

ICT installers and integrators wishing to apply to the Ministry’s Approved ICT Contractors List must complete the relevant application form from below and return to Applications are processed as and when they are received.

For more information on the expectations of an approved ICT contractor, go to Responsibilities of a Ministry approved contractor

Approved electrical contractors

In May we issued a Bulletin notice that schools needed to engage an approved electrical contractor for all electrical work from 1 September 2015.

We received a range of feedback from schools, and we’ve decided to put the implementation of the approved electrical contractors list on hold while we work with you to address some schools’ concerns.

If you require any further assistance on this matter, please contact the SNUP Senior Technical Advisor, Kimbal McHugo ( 04 463 8575).

For more information about electrical work, go to Electrical work in schools

Approved cabling product suppliers

For structured cabling installations and wireless integration services, installers and integrators must source from Ministry-approved structured cabling product suppliers only.

Refer to the ‘Cabling Product’ information in the Approved ICT Contractors List below.

Approved ICT contractors

(Updated March 2017).

Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback