School funding for Programmes for Students (PfS): ALL, ALiM and MST
Accelerating Learning in Literacy (ALL) and Accelerating Learning in Mathematics (ALiM)
For 2018 the Ministry will fund $4,000 (GST excl) per place/teacher through the school’s operations grant as a contribution towards participation in the programme.
The Ministry is contributing to teacher participation in the programme for 2018. We expect that schools will also contribute to their teachers’ programme. Ministry funding will support:
- teacher release to support teacher participation in programme
- student monitoring meetings
- preparation for intervention e.g. parent meetings
- data collection/assessment/observation
Funding for ALL and ALiM is paid through your operations grant in April or July.
Mathematics Support Teacher (MST)
The resource package for these programmes includes*:
- Funding – a proportion of FTE based on years 1-8 school role and decile. Schools also fund a proportion of the FTE. Download the MST Funding formula for full details [DOCX, 16 KB].
- Mentor support
- Ministry funded workshops
*In addition MSTs can apply for $1,000 towards postgraduate paper under the Tertiary fees funding support (TFFS) scheme (external link) .
Funding for MST resource packages is paid through your operations grant in April and July.
Checking you have received your funding
You will know you have received your funding by checking on the operations grant instalment notice financial summary and operations grant remittance advice. To see how the funds will be recorded see example here: Operations Grant instalment example and remittance advice example [DOCX, 17 KB].
Using the funding
- You should use the funding to support ALL, ALiM and MST
- You should not use the funding for buying digital technology, resource books or materials and/or Professional Learning and Development (PLD).
Withdrawing from any of the programmes
ALL or ALiM – if you have received funding in the operations grant but have withdrawn from the programme we will reclaim any funding in the next operations grant.
MST – If you have received funding in the operations grant but have withdrawn from the programme we will reclaim any funding in the next operations grant. We will fund the MST in proportion until the date the MST teacher stops being involved in the MST inquiry.
Email your regional Education Advisor/Senior Advisor or PFS.email@example.com
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback