Step 6: Update and renew your 10YPP
You may need to update both your Condition Assessment and your 10YPP as things change at your school. You will need to renew your 10YPP at least every 5 years.
On this page:
- Update your Condition Assessment
- Update your 10YPP
- Formally renew the 10YPP every 5 years
- Adjust your 10YPP for Budget Plus
Update your Condition Assessment
Your 10YPP Consultant updates the Condition Assessment data as each project on your 10YPP is completed. This work includes:
- earthquake strengthening
- weather-tightness repairs
- 5 Year Agreement (5YA) projects
- any other capital projects (including those managed by other project managers or the Ministry).
If your Condition Assessment is updated, your 10YPP may need to be updated also.
Update your 10YPP
Your 10YPP Consultant will update your 10YPP throughout the 5YA cycle if necessary.
After 3 years of your 5YA cycle, we review your 5YA funding to see if you are eligible for an increase. You can review your 10YPP at this time. You only have to resubmit it to us if:
- your budget needs to be reviewed to take into account roll growth or inflation
- projects have been added or significantly changed.
Significant changes may have occurred to projects because:
- funding has changed, such as an increase in your 5YA budget
- you have had to adjust your budget due to an urgent project
- significant over or under spending that means some projects may not be completed, or it is possible to add new ones
- your school has a disastrous event, like a fire, that affects the planned projects
- you cannot get consultants and building contractors to do the work
- you will not be able to take on the projects, given your other school commitments.
You may have to review your 10YPP at other times, if any of the above happens. You will not necessarily have to complete a new Condition Assessment each time you update your 10YPP.
Formally renew the 10YPP every 5 years
You must formally renew your 10YPP every 5 years, so you can sign a new 5YA. Your 10YPP Consultant must undertake a new Condition Assessment.
Follow the same process when preparing a new 10YPP.
Adjust your 10YPP for Budget Plus
If you get Budget Plus funding, you contribute 50% of your 5YA budget to the project (or 10 to 50% if a security project).
You will have to reassess your 10YPP priorities. Using 50% of your 5YA funding for a Budget Plus project will probably mean you have less to spend on other projects.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback