Materials used on school buildings
The Ministry has design requirements for some types of materials used in schools. Installing the right types of glazing, joinery, roofing, and floor coverings to certain specifications will improve their long term performance and help to protect the health and safety of people at the school. You can use timber treated with chromated copper arsenate (CCA) if the risks are managed.
- Glass installed in schools
- Chromated copper arsenate (CCA) treated timber in schools
- Joinery and hardware installed in schools
- Roofing materials for school buildings
- Floor coverings for schools
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback