3.23 Isolation Allowance
3.23.1 An employee whose work requires that they reside at an isolated locality as outlined in clause 3.23.5 or 3.23.6 below, will receive an isolation allowance.
3.23.2 The isolation allowance is not payable to short-term relievers defined in 3.27.1.
3.23.3 An isolation allowance will be paid fortnightly and during:
- periods of annual leave, whether or not the employee remains in the isolated locality;
- any absence from the isolated locality on sick leave or other paid leave of up to seven (7) consecutive days.
- periods where an employee is required to work at another locality for up to seven (7) consecutive days.
3.23.4 Part-time teachers will be paid an isolation allowance on a pro rata basis.
3.23.5 For an employee whose full-time residence is:
- in a locality with a population of less than 300 that is also between 60kms and 150kms (inclusive) from a population centre of more than 1,500 people; or
- in one of the following locations – Hari Hari or Twizel;
the rate of the allowance shall be $1,200 per annum.
3.23.6 For an employee whose full-time residence is in a locality with a population of less than 300 that is also more than 150kms from a population centre of more than 1,500 people, the rate of the allowance shall be $2,200 per annum.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback