Our purpose and vision
The Ministry of Education is the New Zealand Government's lead advisor on the education system.
We shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Tā mātou kaupapa
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga.
Every New Zealander:
- is strong in their national and cultural identity
- aspires for themselves and their children to achieve more
- has the choice and opportunity to be the best they can be
- is an active participant and citizen in creating a strong civil society
- is productive, valued and competitive in the world.
New Zealand and New Zealanders lead globally.
Tō mātou moemoeā
Ko ngā tāngata katoa o Aotearoa:
- he pakari i roto i ō rātou ake tuakiritanga, ā-motu, ā-iwi anō
- e whai wawata ana mō rātou ake mē ā rātou tamariki kia nui ake ai te whai
- e taea ai te whiri, te whai huarahi hoki e tino taumata ai te puta
- he tangata takatū, e kirirarau ana ki te whakapakari i te hapori
- he tangata whai hua, whai mana, tauwhāinga anō i te ao.
Ko runga kē a Aotearoa me ōna uri i te ao.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback