New members in 2019 Youth Advisory Group announced
Two new members will join the 2019 Ministerial Youth Advisory Group (YAG)
The new members are Adrienne Hunt and Moeka Koyama. They will join the 10 current members (aged between 14 and 18) who’ve provided Education Minister Chris Hipkins valuable insights and perspectives about the education system during the past year.
The Ministerial Youth Advisory Group (YAG) was set up in November 2017 to enable young people to have their say and have more influence on the future of education. Insights from the group are shared with the Ministry of Education and other education sector agencies.
The 2019 Youth Advisory Group members are:
- Adrienne Hunt, Whanganui (new member)
- Moeka Koyama, Motueka (new member)
- Shaneel Lal, South Auckland
- Liam McLeavey, Palmerston North
- Okirano Tilaia, Christchurch
- Geniqua Samupo, West Auckland
- Brodie Cross, Christchurch
- Nathan Farr, Dunedin
- Hadassah Wharawhara, Auckland
- Costa Blackman, Tolaga Bay
- Kate Morris, Darfield
- Watene Campbell, Wellington
The Group will meet 4 times this year - March, May, August and October.
Visit our My education, my voice page to find out more about the Youth Advisory Group.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback