Digital Technologies and Hangarau Matihiko (DT and HM) update – Procurement phase now underway
The Ministry is currently working to create new curriculum content to strengthen Digital Technologies and Hangarau Matihiko (DT and HM) within the (English medium) New Zealand Curriculum and (Māori medium) Te Marautanga o Aotearoa.
After completing the initial draft on the new DT and HM curriculum content in May, we sought feedback on it through a three-month public consultation process.
The consultation is now complete and we are revising the curriculum content to incorporate the feedback we received.
Shortly, we will be sharing the feedback that we received with Kāhui Ako, schools, kura, business and the technology sector.
We are now moving into the Procurement phase to source partners who will ensure both teachers and learners have the confidence and resources they need to fully engage with the DT and HM curriculum content when it becomes part of the New Zealand Curriculum and Te Marautanga o Aotearoa.
In an increasingly digital world, we’re building the capacity and confidence of our teachers and kaiako. We’re supporting them to enrich and accelerate the learning experiences of our children and tamariki and equipping them to reach their potential.
The opportunities for providers
We are now seeking partners to work with the Ministry to deliver key outcomes and services to support DT and HM and provide the expertise and resources needed to ensure equity of learning for all students and improve the digital readiness and capability of teachers and kaiako.
A Request for Proposal (RFP) was issued via the Government Electronic Tendering Service (GETS) on Thursday 12 October. Proposals are sought from providers for the following opportunities:
This Fund is intended to:
- provide equitable access to rich learning opportunities for priority learners who have had limited opportunities in digital technologies;
- create opportunities to open DT and HM pathways for students by inspiring and motivating them; and
- increase teachers’ confidence in teaching the new curriculum content by including them in the programme where possible.
We want a Championship to be designed and run which will promote and celebrate excellence in DT and HM teaching and learning in schools and kura.
We will shortly issue a third RFP for the National Digital Technology Readiness Programme. This Programme is intended to:
- Introduce teachers / kaiako and principals to the new DT and HM curriculum content and teaching strategies;
- Ensure all schools have the opportunity to get an introduction to the curriculum content and implementation support; and
- Increase teachers’ skills, capability and engagement with the DT and HM curriculum content.
The first port of call for more information about these opportunities is the tender documents themselves. To maintain the integrity of the procurement process, we ask that any questions are forwarded to GETS rather than to Ministry officials.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback