Investing in Educational Success
Investing in Educational Success (IES) is a Government initiative aimed at lifting student achievement as well as offering new career opportunities for teachers and principals.
- How IES will help to raise educational achievement
- Working with the education sector on the details of IES
- For more information
- Related documents
Research shows that quality teaching has the biggest influence on whether learners succeed. IES has been designed with this in mind and is intended to help raise achievement by:
- improving teaching practice across New Zealand
- enabling kaiako and teachers to work together and benefit from each other’s knowledge and experience
- helping all learners benefit from the skills and knowledge of great kaiako and teachers from across a group of education providers (early childhood education services me ngā kōhanga reo, school, kura and post-secondary)
- helping educators and training providers work together so it’s easier for learners to move through the education system.
The Ministry of Education has worked with representatives from the education sector on the details of IES. A working group of education sector leaders was instrumental in developing the IES model. Go to the working group’s report [PDF, 2 MB].
The Ministry has been in discussions with key education sector bodies and on 30 September 2014 the Ministry settled agreements with secondary teacher and principal unions on IES.
The Ministry has now reached agreement with the New Zealand Educational Institute Te Riu Roa.
The Ministry has been working with the sector on the design of IES since early 2014 and we will continue to do so.
- Call the Ministry of Education on 0800 IES INFO (0800 437 4636)
- Email IES.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can read key documents that show how the policy was developed.
- Cabinet Paper - 21 January 2014 [PDF, 1 MB]
- Cabinet Social Policy Committee Minute - 28 May 2014 [PDF, 5.3 MB]
- Cabinet Paper - 28 May 2014 [PDF, 4.3 MB]
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback